Saturday, June 9, 2012

7'4...


I been surfing for three months now.  I went from a 10 foot foamer to a 9 foot foamer to a 8’6 epoxy to a 8 foot epoxy and now to this baby!  This is an arrow 7’3 x 20 3/4.  I have rode it about 5 times and I love it!  I’m still looking to get shorter though.  I’m thinking about getting as low as a 6’0 fish, if possible.  But right now I’m trying to “grow” into this board.  Seems like I have outgrown all the other boards, especially my 8’6 epoxy.  I just love how this thing rocks and the control (which I am learning) that I have on this board.  It seems like each new session on this board brings another new innuendo to my experience as a surfer.  I’m hoping that I will be able to ride this baby for at least a year before I outgrow it.

This board is easily transportable too.  I can fit in my car (no need to put it on the roof).  I also enjoy how lite it is, especially walking it out to the beach.

I read in books and other blogs that if you start surfing past your 30th birthday, you’ll be a longboarder for life.  I’m 33 and I’m trying to avoid all that.  Not that I don’t like riding longboards, they are hella (Northern California Slang for ‘really’x10) fun.  Some of the coolest surfers I met are longboarders.  But I’m not one to be stereotyped.  Hopefully I will be able to get to a short board (a board that is under 7’0) in the future.  But for now, I’m loving this board.

No comments:

Post a Comment