Monday, June 11, 2012

Sion



This is an interview of the late Sion Milosky.  He tragically past away at Mavericks back in March of this year.  Rest In Peace Bro.




The reason why I am posting this is because I learned more from this interview then any conversation I’ve had with other surfers since I started 4 months ago.  I really just enjoy his enthusiasm and his constant focus and stoke about his path.   It also speaks to the questions I’ve had about which “lines” I should take on a wave, how I have to compromise that line with what my board wants to do and so on.  It also speaks to how a board becomes part of you and the fondness that is created between it and it’s rider.  It’s such a great interview for a novice like I who has a million questions but no one to answer them.  It also makes me feel reassured that my feelings are shared with the greater surfing community.  I also found that I can pretty much understand “surfing language” and wasn’t lost at all.  This is a plus.  If I heard this back in February, I would have been lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment