Friday, March 21, 2014

Ciao Winter

With winter officially over, here are fifteen of my funnest waves caught on Camera during this past season.  Daily surfing during this season has done a number on my lower back.  I'm taking a rest from the waves for a few days to get it back on point.  It's been hurting for days and really effected my sessions during the last swell (very slow pop-ups on steep, fast drops for one thing).  I'm guessing it's partly due to some weakness in my core, as I haven't been doing my regular core exercises except for surfing during the last three months.  But I'm back on my regime, getting ready for the first big south swell of the post winter season, hoping that my favorite break out in Mexico will offer up it's long, carving rights. 

One quick note on my videos:  I've been getting a few emails where readers have been scholding me for dropping in on a few people while my camera is on.  Here is my reply:  Some of the best waves I caught all year were shared, especially the ones with Papi, Steve and Dub Sack.  All of the drop-in's on camera were pre discussed before hand, along with how I was going to get the shots.  It's totally obvious that it was not big deal as we were all laughing and hooting at each other while we share the waves, especially the one with Papi.  I also encouraged others to drop in on me when I have the camera because I love getting those shots.  But that's not to say that I didn't do my fair share of snaking this season.  We all do it from time to time, sometimes by mistake and sometimes on purpose.  No one is perfect.  Just saying. 

Locations include Rincon, North and South San Diego and the Rosarito and Ensanda Regions of Baja, California in Mexico.  Starring Steve, The Bearded Bandito, Dub Sack and . Papi


Ciao Winter from Kookingitup on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment