Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sometimes Linda Puts On Her Best Dress


I cruised up to Linda Mar on a desperate plea and to my f'king surprise, good ol' Linda put on her makeup today.  The waves weren't perfect by no stretch of the imagination, but they were coming in fast, thick and hard (no pun intended).

I found myself out in front of Taco Bell, getting tackled by huge sets of sweetness.  I was catching some and in most circumstances, taking it on the dome (but with love).  After having a week full of watching what appeared to be the great lakes at Pacifica and at Ocean Beach, Linda put on her best Muu'muu and gave me a show that I have been ever thankfully waiting for.

After a few thrashings in front of the home of the Chalupa, I headed to the docks where I was all alone in front of the second house, catching some short but tasty rights.  Within 45 minutes, the word got out and I was surrounded by 5 other tribe's men.  I then paddled over to the docks and joined some of the good 'ol longboard boys at the docks.  I wasn't into trying to compete with the good 'ol boys (I had my 6'6 Webber on hand.  I consider this my longboard), but I didn't have too because some pretty fun, thick sets came in and everybody scored.  I caught a beautiful left, and did three or four backside turns off the top (that I'm very proud of might I say).  The wall on this wave was soooo glassy.  Never thought ol' Linda had it in her.


After the session, I headed back to the parking lot and chatted it up with the boys.  Everybody was pretty stoked to have scored.  The theme of the the day was "Monday became fun day!".  One of the fellas had this sweet tattoo. Reminded me of that Red Hot Chili Peppers song with the lyrics "Throw away your television!"


When I got back to The City, I commemorated this stoked out session with my favorite dish: Kung Pow Pastrami, a side of rice and a Mexican Coke at Mission Chinese.  As I was driving home, this song came on my ipod and it made me think of Linda and how she comes and goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment