Saturday, October 12, 2013

Popotla

I discovered this little fishing village on a whim with a few friends after a local told us of a wave that was breaking near this village. We didn't find the wave, but we found this little tasty gem. It's on the dirt road just south of Baja Studios. It's what a fishing village should be: totally local, boats lined up against the shore line, fish ready to sell right off the boat, men and women wearing rubber boots, small kitchens cooking up that days catch, big birds waiting around for left overs and the aroma of fresh fish. I stop by here in the mornings before I surf, pick up some red snapper, camarones, lobster and maybe some pulpo if I can find it. I bring a cooler full of ice for my catch, surf, come home and fry up some red snapper, cook some fresh rice and boil some sabaw (pigeon for "soup"). My wife loves it when I come home from a good session in Baja ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment