Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Reader's Interesting Thoughts...

I got this email from a reader a few weeks ago.  I read it a few times, and every time I do, it has me rolling.  With the reader's permission, I decided to post it.  Hope you get a kick out of as much as I did.  Caution, more entertaining while reading after an edible...  
"After taking a slow walking tour of the Santa Cruz's Cowell's and Steamer Lane cliffs and analyzing the two breaks while high on some pot brownies, I concluded in my make believe world that Cowells and Steamer Lane were two factioning villages next to each other. Cowells is the egalitarian intergenerational utopia where everyone shares the long waves together (fathers teaching their daughters while on tandem) while the sun is shining bright and the conditions are clean and everyone is smiling and interacting positively with new found stoke for surfing while up the hill is the rugged and wild place called "Steamer" where the solo individualist boys and men hunt for big untamed waves in the absence of family and kinship (today only a few guys out and head high middle peak), each to his own, fighting the currents and weather. Yeah, I let my imagination run wild for a few hours. They both were very appealing to me in those moments."
 The reader then sent me second email a couple days later:
"I left out the part of my story where the Steamer men ravage the Cowell village - breaking softops and SUPs with their bare hands."
 Hey!  I surf The Lane!  
 

2 comments:

  1. Apparently pot-brownie dude didn't see any of these bad parents out at the Cowells village: http://surfergrrrl.blogspot.com/2010/05/close-encounters-cowells.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice entry, sorry you experienced some bad parenting/ role modeling out there. They should eat some brownies and get some perspective.

      Delete