Saturday, December 15, 2012

South Central


As I was walking down the beach, board in hand, Panama Red picked up an enormous, half eaten fish.  Only the head was left.  The Panamanian looked at it's stiff, cold body.  He then looked back at me and decided to roll it's head towards me on the sand.  I let it roll inbetween my legs as I continued to walk.  "That was a damn big fish that took a bite out of that guy!"  Panama said.  "Damn big shark you mean!"  I replied.  We laughed pretty hard, but then we slowly processed what I had just said, looked at each other, and said quietly to ourselves "shit..."

We wanted something new and fresh today so we decided to head "south" and enjoy Monterrey's "central" coast (get it?).  The water was warm, the waves were clean and the wind and rain stayed north until about 3pm.  The waves at the first point were firing double overhead rights and lefts.  All of the fellas decided to paddle out and get some of that, except for me.  I just wasn't feeling it today.  I wanted something a tad mellower.  So I headed a couple hundred yards down the beach and found a really clean, right breaking point with only two others on it.  The rest of the Kiwis came over within an hour and we all caught some really fun mellow waves.

It was a great day in Monterrey, met a couple really good guys in the water and left with a lot of stoke.  I'm gonna let the pictures do the talking today.  But in honor of "South Central" and all the stoke that I was blessed with, I would like you to press play and be serenaded as you scroll down the rest of today's entry, by the Mayor of "South Central", Mr. Ice Cube.




Manav told me that a little warm cup of Joe always gives one a boost before a cold dawnie...

 The early morning search...

Breakfast of champs...

Search complete...

That cup of Joe worked!  Manav throwing some spray!

Rooting on my boy, Panama Red!

Panama continuing to trim on his Arrow..

Then... oops...

Trying to snap of a section...

I think I can!



I think I can!

I can't...

It's time to go...

When Don Corleone says it's time to go...

Strap'em in...

Peace out Monterrey.

Stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment